WHO ARE WE AND WHAT IS OUR APPROACH TO YOUR PRIVACY?
HOW ARE WE PROTECTING YOUR DATA?
For the purposes of data protection this policy refers to the 1998 Data Protection Act until 25th May 2018 and thereafter the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent, and successor, legislation.
We do not and will not ever share your information with any other organisations.
WE WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT WE’RE COMMITTED TO PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
We collect the minimum amount of information about you which helps us provide you with the required service. This may include personal details or details about your order. We want you to know that the use of this website gives us the right to collect that information, but importantly gives you the option to opt out at any time.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect any or all of the information that you give us depending on the type of transaction you enter into. This may include the following –
• When you purchase from us at www.whiteribbonboutique.co.uk we ask for, and collect, personal information such as including your name, address, telephone number and email address and items ordered.
• If you set up an online account with us, we will also store your password.
• If you sign up to receive our email newsletter, we will use this to send you information regarding our latest offers and discounts
• The White Ribbon Group may also collect information regarding your visit to www.whiteribbonboutique.co.uk . This may include where you are geographically, how you were referred to us (e.g. search engines or email marketing), your browser and device type, the pages you viewed, the duration of your visit and any search terms used. This information may be collected even if you do not register an account with us.
• Other information that may be needed from time to time to process a request may also be collected as indicated on the website.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the information collected primarily to enhance your shopping experience and make it as fun and easy as possible. We may use your information in the following ways –
• From time to time we may want you to know about special offers and promotions we’re running, so we may use your registered information to send marketing messages via e-mail services. You can opt out of this if you wish but you may miss some fantastic offers only available via this form of marketing.
• We use your information so that we can successfully process your order which includes delivery, payment and returns.
• Our online account holders require an email address and password to access their account so that you can access your account quickly and not have to repeatedly enter your details, this is password protected.
• We may also use demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests to improve our services.
• We take fraud very seriously, so the information helps us assist in its detection and prevention.
• Our Courier Service has selected access to your details for delivery purposes only.
Data collected in the UK is held in accordance with the Data Protection Act. All reasonable precautions are taken to prevent unauthorised access to this information. This safeguard may require you to provide additional forms of identity should you wish to obtain information about your account details.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER AND WHY DO WE CONTACT YOU?
We think of our customers as our friends, so we want to know everything about what you like and what you aren’t as keen on, therefore we retain information on viewed products. We also want you to be the first to know about all of our new lines and as you know we only hold limited number of our items and our stock moves very quickly.
So why are we contacting you, or using your information?
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• If you have signed up for our newsletters, we contact you to update you about exciting new product launches, sales and offers which are exclusive to our subscriber list. You can opt out of marketing emails at any time.
• When you make a purchase online, we will contact you by email to notify you of updates to your order.
• If using our click & collect service you will be notified by telephone when your order is ready to collect.
• If successful when entering any competitions or prize draws we will contact you by email to notify you.
• We will contact you by telephone if there is a problem with your order or if we need to get in touch regarding a refund.
• For items being delivered by our courier, the courier company will send you an email or a text message with a delivery update if you provided a valid phone number and email address when you placed the order.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may use the information to improve our website according to your interests.
DO WE SHARE ANY OF THIS INFORMATION?
• We do not disclose any personal information obtained about you from this website to third parties except when we need to do so in order to complete the transaction – e.g. when arranging for a courier company to deliver goods that you have ordered.
• We may also use the information to keep in contact with you and inform you of exciting developments associated with our business.
DO WE USE ANY INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
We want to show you more of the things you love, which is why we use the following marketing tools –
We love social media at White Ribbon, which is why we use it to broadcast messages and updates about products and news. We love chatting to you on there, so on occasion we may reply to comments or questions you make to us on social media platforms. You may also see adverts from us on social media that are tailored to your interests. Depending on your settings or the privacy policies social media and messaging services like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, you might give third parties permission to access information from those accounts or services.
The White Ribbon Group uses remarketing tracking cookies and conversion pixels from vendors such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest to present special offers to you for our products or services over the Google Content Network and via social networks. This means you may see an ad for one of our products or services as a result of visiting our website. In addition, The White Ribbon Group uses custom audiences based on emails of subscribers and customers. This allows us to present special offers for our products to you via Facebook and Instagram. However, your personally identifiable information is not used by any remarketing service other than to present special offers from us.
HOW CAN I UNSUBSCRIBE FROM MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS?
We want you to have as much control over your personal information as possible, so we want you to know that you can do this in the following ways –
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for marketing purposes.
• If you have previously signed up to our email newsletters and want to unsubscribe at any point click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email or log into your account to change your preferences.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Your Internet browser has the in-built facility for storing small files- "cookies" - that hold information which allows a website to recognise your account. Our website takes advantage of this facility to enhance your experience. You have the ability to prevent your computer from accepting cookies but, if you do, certain functionality on the website may be impaired.
• We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used.
• This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
• We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
list of the cookies we collect and what information they store.